This is a few shots of a rebuild I did in 2002. I took an existing invested pot furnace and made a free-stander.

There are several things I would do different next time, especially having a way to easily remove and install the pot.

Click on any image for a larger view.


Mold for the inner wall


Inner wall cast with exhaust and drain


Test fitting the E.C.


Inner crown mold being fabricated


Lousy way to do the external crown mold - very cumbersome and not pretty


I like the sparks...


Plasma cutter good


Drain port ready to be cast


Exhaust port & Chimney


Tilting the furnace while casting the floor gives a slope toward the drain port


Fraxed up ready for the crown

Crown set


Top shell attached


Sill cast


S.S. front attached and drum packed with frax


View of the flame detector and thermocouple


I did eventually put a door over the drain port


Home    Gallery    Lighting   Shows   Classes    Biography    Contact